Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Diapers?

I've been too tired to write lately. Lame, I know. I have been staying up too late and getting up too early. My usual "Summer O'Fun" has been more of a "Summer O'Tired." But I love summer! It is a great time to work without too much pressure and hang out around the house. It is also a great time to just think and reflect. Usually I think about self-improvement in the summer.

Today I really realized that I am a rule follower. I don't like breaking the rules or getting in trouble. This may be shocking to some of you, especially my mother. But it is true. I don't like conflict and I don't like letting people down, on purpose or on accident. I actually lose sleep over it, which is often times why I am so tired. I think way too much. Too much for my own good. If I could generate electricity from my thoughts, I would not be dependent on SRP.

One thing I do know about myself - I know what I like and don't like. I try not to be opinionated, but I told a couple people this and they laughed at me. I took this to mean that I am failing miserably! I think so much that I often wonder if I over think the things I need to improve or change about myself. But because I know what I like and don't like, I don't like it when people say, "It's just the way I am. I was born this way." I was born without the ability to control my bodily functions and we are ALL thankful I learned how to do that. I would look silly with a diaper on at this point in my life. Plus, I don't think my clothes would fit correctly. Imagine your metabolism slowing, gaining a few pounds here and there, and now you have to wear a diaper. Obviously, God had a better plan. I am thankful adults don't wear diapers, and even more thankful that I don't need one.

On a regular basis I am asked the following questions: 1. When are you going to have kids? 2. What are your goals? Of course I have an opinion on both of these topics. First, are you supplying the trust fund for the baby? Secondly, goals are just something I teach my students to do. They aren't anything you need in the real world.

So, here are my goals for the summer. I would like to call this my self-improvement plan.
1. Stay home an entire day without leaving my house. This may be an impossible task for me, but I will attempt it.
2. Read more. I love to read. I encourage reading in others. I may even judge those who hate to read. But honestly, I don't read as much as I should.
3. Meet one of my neighbors. I have met one neighbor and I already forgot her name. I want to bring back the art of being neighborly.

With that said, I need some shut eye. The 'rents arrive tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment